Opthalmology - Doctor Franklin Rechnitzer:One look at the resume of Doctor Franklin Rechnitzer and you will know that you will be under expert hands when you choose to travel to Costa Rica for eye care. There are few physicians in the region with the education, training and experience that Doctor Franklin Rechnitzer has.
Eye Care Surgery is provided by Doctor Franklin Rechnitzer:
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree: Universidad de Costa Rica and General Medicine.
- Surgeon Ophthalmologist: Universidad de Costa Rica.
- Rotating Internship. Rotation in Pediatric Ophthalmology service, Hospital Federico Gómez, Ciudad de México.
- 1998 – 2000 Hospital Mexico, resident.
- 2001 – 2003 Assistant Physician in Ophthalmology – Hospital Mexico.
- 2004 – 2007 Manager Outpatient Consultation in Department of the Clinica Oftalmologica de Costa Rica – Assistant physician specialist in cataract surgery and corneal graft.
- 2000 – 2007 Eye Surgeon, specialist in LASIK Surgery. Main Physician in the Ophthalmology department in Hospital Clinica Bíblica.
- 2003 – 2007 Ophthalmic Ultrasound Procedures in the Clinica Oftalmologica de Costa Rica***.
- 2005 Intracorneal Ferrara Rings training course in Bello Horizonte – Brazil with Paulo Ferrara. (Development).
- 2005 – Present First Corneal Ring Implant in Costa Rica for Keratoconus treatment – has already performed approximately one-hundred implants to date.
- 2005 Verisize ( phaquic intraocular lens implant ) certified in Costa Rica.
- 2006 Conductive Keratoplasty Certified – Costa Rica.
- Membership In Professional Societies:
- Member of the Asociacion Oftalmologica Costarricense since (Costa Rican Opthalmology Association) 2001
- Member of ASCRS since 2004.
Languages Spoken:• English • Spanish
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ’s:
- Are you board certified? Yes, medical license # 5417.
- What happens in case of a medical emergency (if something goes wrong)? We have emergency protocols to deal with them.
- What is the typical follow up for your most commonly performed procedures and what do those include? 1 day follow up, and 7 days later.
- Are your surgeries assisted? If so by whom and what are their credentials? My assistants are board certified eye surgeons also.
- Do you specialize in certain procedures (more so than others)? Lasik, glaucoma and cataract procedures.
- How many procedures do you perform per day? Around ten per day.
- How will I get my care and medication when I’m discharged from the medical center? I’ll do follow up visits and take care of any problem.
- Are there consultation fees? If you pay for a procedure, payment includes follow up visits.
- Do you speak English? Yes, I do.
- Do I need to purchase any medication for my recovery? [xx ]Yes No – If yes, what do I need to buy and what is the cost? Only eye drops, and the cost is around $40 USD.
- Are there fees for follow-up visits? [ ]Yes $____________ [xx ]No
If you would like to consult or be treated by Doctor Franklin Rechnitzer, simply fill out the contact form, and an eye care consultant will get in contact with you and give you the information you requested, set up a consultation with the doctor, start the booking process, or provide a free quote. You can also call 1-866-665-6433, Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5PM US Central Standard Time, and you can speak directly to an eye care consultant.
If you prefer, talk to your eye care consultant and request a teleconference with Doctor Frankilin Rechnitzer. Our consultants are actually based in Costa Rica, and they are in constant contact with the doctor.